Saturday, November 26, 2011

Kayla's 14th Birthday

Today was Kayla's birthday. She turned 14 years old. I can't believe how it seemed like yesterday she was born at the hospital. She was born at Gwinnett Medical Center in Lawrenceville on November 26, 1997 at 5:20 a.m. She was 19 inches long and weighed 6 lb. and 8 oz. The first thing I noticed was Kayla's head full of black hair! Her baby days went by too fast.
On her birthday, we had the family come over. We had a Thanksgiving style lunch and watched the Auburn/Alabama game. (Too bad Auburn lost!) That didn't stop Kayla from having a happy birthday. Here she is on her 14th birthday blowing the candles out on her cake!

After we ate cake, Kayla opened her birthday gifts from her family!

Emmy and Jessica played with Jessica's next door neighbor friends later that day:

Elly tried getting the last bit of Kayla's birthday cake!

Jessica and Emmy played dressup for the rest of the day!

I think Kayla enjoyed the cake and gifts! Next year, she will be getting her learner's permit to drive! Yikes!